LLB (Law Degree) Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
Executive MBA Program Stern School of Business, NYU (class of 2017) specializing in Finance, Banking & Managment.
Who is Kobi Lahav?
Kobi Lahav is the Senior Managing Director and Associate Broker at Mdrn. Residential, specializing in sales, investments & rentals in Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Queens.
However, the man is so much more than the title.
Born in Israel, Kobi has a long history of success and leadership in his career, starting with his stint in the Israeli Defense Forces, where he acquired his dedication, resilience, and his steadfast ability to work well under pressure. All of these qualities helped develop him into the determined, spirited businessman and broker he is today. Following his required military service, Kobi found great success in the hospitality industry, serving as the Concierge for one of the largest hotel chains in Israel, in the resort city of Eilat. His time there taught him the most important lessons of Real Estate: Good Customer Service comes above all else!
Looking for an even greater challenge, Kobi went off to study law at Israel’s most prestigious university, where he strengthened his focal and analytical skills. His hard work paid off, landing him a coveted position working with Meitar Liquornick Geva & Leshem Tal, one of the largest and most esteemed law firms in Tel Aviv. There, Kobi specialized in Mergers and Acquisitions, IPO’s, investment rounds, tech companies, large-scale commercial litigation, and aided in deals ranging from 30 million, up to 1 billion dollars. In dealing with such high-profile cases, Kobi absorbed the charisma, acumen, and sensitivity necessary for working with elite clients. Furthermore, the negotiation skills he gained as a lawyer have always served him very well in closing a deal!
Upon moving to the US in 2007, Kobi embarked on his highly successful career in real estate. Kobi fell in love with New York City’s unique energy, and began working for boutique firms, where he was quickly promoted to VP, due to his status as a top producer and his adept skills of negotiation and high-level customer service. The business expertise and foreign success he had gained within the fields of hospitality and corporate law were a perfect fit for the fast-paced intensity of the New York City Real Estate Market, and Kobi has always been ahead of the game. Always pushing himself to grow, Kobi continued to evolve professionally and personally by graduating from the Executive MBA Program at NYU Stern School of Business, specializing in Finance, Banking, and Management. His high levels of education have served him and his clients at every turn, understanding the ins and outs of working with exclusive clients and businesses. For Kobi, his client’s needs are always at the top of his list, and he will develop his abilities and skills in any way necessary to meet your needs! In 2015, Kobi began working as the Senior Managing Director of Mdrn. Residential and has never been happier.
While Kobi is an incredibly busy man, he makes sure to find time to develop himself personally, and spend time with his beautiful wife, Shira, a successful psychotherapist and entrepreneur whom he met when she came into his office, and his two young children. In his spare time, Kobi can either be found with his nose in a book (with a love for reading up on finance, business, and politics), playing with his beautiful children, or frequenting the many restaurants of this vibrant city with his wife (their favorite being Moroccan-fusion Mogador in the East Village.) Additionally, Kobi recognizes the importance of philanthropy and community, and is an active member of the Real Estate Board of NY (REBNY), AIPAC, the Israel State Bar Association, and is an active donor to the ASPCA (and the dog-owner of an adorable Shih-Tzu)!
If you’re looking for a broker who will never stop working to meet all of your needs through every step of the process, don’t hesitate to call Kobi Lahav at (917) 858-1915, or email at KL@mdrnresidential.com.
You can put your trust in Kobi to use all of his expertise, education, and highly developed skills to help you close the deal of your dreams!
Working alongside an experienced agent when buying or selling your home will allow for a seamless experience. As a licensed real estate broker, Kobi will be able to provide a comprehensive breakdown of the current industry as well as tailored knowledge of NYC.
Entrusting Kobi to find the right candidate(s) to rent your property to can prove to be very beneficial. As a real estate professional with years of experience, he will be able to provide a comprehensive breakdown of the rental process for the lessor and lessee.
Commercial Investment Sales and Leasing
Allow Kobi to take part in guiding your company to reach its full potential. Experienced agents can be an asset to both the selling and buying sides of commercial properties.
As a professional that once came from overseas, relocation is a primary specialty offered by Kobi.
- Sep 17, 2018 Agents About Google and the Naming of Neighborhoods Sep 17, 2018
- Sep 6, 2018 StreetEasy says it’s improving Premier Agent. But some agents fear fewer leads Sep 6, 2018
- May 9, 2018 It’s adapt or die for NYC residential firms May 9, 2018
- Apr 26, 2018 How One Premier Agent Scored a $2 Million Client, and Saved Them $130K Apr 26, 2018
- Apr 26, 2018 6 Ways To Be Successful Using Premier Agent, According to Kobi Lahav Apr 26, 2018
- Apr 17, 2018 How Zillows New Program Affects Brokers? Apr 17, 2018
- Mar 2, 2018 Best of Real Estate in a Slow Market Mar 2, 2018
- February 2018
- Jul 20, 2017 How to negotiate your rent: Summer 2017 offers relief Jul 20, 2017
- May 20, 2017 Where College Grads Can Afford To Live in NYC May 20, 2017
- May 18, 2017 5 features that make a ground-floor apartment desirable—and not a dealbreaker May 18, 2017
- May 11, 2017 Manhattan Prices are Getting Crazy May 11, 2017
- Apr 24, 2017 19 Mistakes College Grads Make When Finding Their First Apartments Apr 24, 2017
- Apr 19, 2017 Second Avenue subway rent boost proves elusive for many Upper East Side landlords Apr 19, 2017
- Apr 17, 2017 What does StreetEasy's new "premier agent" feature mean for buyers Apr 17, 2017
- Apr 7, 2017 Got a $500K budget for your first apartment? Here's how to spend it Apr 7, 2017
- Apr 4, 2017 In defense of renters: Why buying isn't always the right decision Apr 4, 2017
- Apr 1, 2017 Inside the battle for StreetEasy’s soul Apr 1, 2017
- Mar 22, 2017 50 Things to Do If You Plan to Sell Your Home This Spring Mar 22, 2017
- Mar 15, 2017 Are Brokers Necessary? Controversial StreetEasy Tool Sparks Debate Mar 15, 2017
- Feb 23, 2017 Introducing Kobi Lahav on the Mann Report Feb 23, 2017
- Feb 23, 2017 Rooms for the Observant Feb 23, 2017
- Feb 14, 2017 When Landlords Need to Keep Luxury Unit Rents High They Build a Wall Feb 14, 2017
- Feb 14, 2017 How Much Can You Save By Having a Roommate? Feb 14, 2017
- Feb 14, 2017 Danger: School Zone Feb 14, 2017
- Feb 14, 2017 The new waiting-to-buy market Feb 14, 2017
- Feb 14, 2017 Topping Out: Is the Rent Still Too Damn High? Feb 14, 2017
Kobi is an expert in a large variety of Real Estate Fields. Feel free to ask him a question here.